Register your CV
[ Hide ]
Work / Shared PC
Search 70,303 Jobs:
Full time only
Part time only
Student Gap Year
> Engine Calibration Engineer - Bosch or UAMS EMS
[ Hide ]
Work / Shared PC
Help me find...
Birmingham Engineering Jobs
Register with us - Click Here
Let the right jobs and recruiters find you...
Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Engine Calibration Engineer - Bosch or UAMS EMS
(Full Time, Permanent)
Engine Calibration Engineer - Bosch or UAMS EMS - Birmingham
The purpose of this position is to support the NE1 test bed and vehicle engine calibrations. Learning control strategies to enable calibration tasks to be performed proficiently.
* Degree qualified or similar qualification
* Direct experience with Bosch or UAES MED17 / MDG1 EMS calibration for test bed /vehicle
* Basic understanding of gasoline engine control and associated sensor/ actuator set
* Strong numeracy and literacy, including ability to write clear documentation
* Certain years post graduate experience is essential and preferably some of this will be in Automotive Powertrain development
* Good logical reasoning
* Self motivated to take on responsibility with minimal supervision
* Willingness to understand the EMS control strategies to enable the calibration tasks to be performed
* Ideally knowledge of DOE calibration tools such as ASCMO or CAMEO
* Ability to work in cross-functional teams
* Proven ability to work as part of a team to demanding deadlines
* Able to overcome cultural barriers
* Good working knowledge of automotive calibration tools (INCA preferred)
* Some appreciation of mechanical systems
* Full UK driving license
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work within a small growing team to deliver engine calibrations for MPI and GDI gasoline engines
* Co-ordinate the Bosch / UAES calibrations and requirements
* Contribute to calibration methodologies within the Engine Calibration section
* Mentor visiting engineers from China
Other features of Job:
*Role based in the UK. Occasional travel to other CA sites and to visit suppliers is a requirement
Package : Competitive salary, negotiable depending on background and experience.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
© Copyright and Database Rights VacancyCentral.co.uk. 2004-2017
Terms and Conditions